Saturday, May 28, 2011

"The Tree of Life" Part 2

3.5 Potatoes

I finally saw the movie "The Tree of Life" (2011) by Terrence Malick yesterday. It is the winner of Palm d'Or at the Cannes 2011.

The cinematography was amazing, very beautiful movie. Though there was a bit of Net Geo-esque touch to it. At the beginning I almost felt like watching "Atlantis" (1991) but after that, the story moves onto remembering the character's childhood that somehow links to your own childhood even though my childhood was nothing like the O'Briens.

I really loved the fact that the movie had minimum dialogue and it was beautifully done.
I took one potato out for the Net Geo being too long at the beginning, that makes my rating for this movie to be 3.5 Potatoes.

Just be patient at the beginning and you would totally appreciate the movie at the end.

Synopsis: The story centers around a family with three boys in the 1950s. The eldest son witnesses the loss of innocence. (IMDb)


USA: Now Playing in Theaters

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...