Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Character"

5 Potatoes


I felt like watching a good movie tonight and I decided to watch the movie "Character" (1997) - Karakter by Mike van Diem again. It was the winner of the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film in 1998. Probably this was the first Dutch film I have seen in my life and I didn't even know any of the actors in the film. 
The story is very well written and a lot of surprises. I truly enjoyed it and I know I will enjoy it again and again. Highly Recommended.


Synopsis: Dreverhaven (Jan Decleir), the city's most feared bailiff, is discovered with a knife through his heart, and a young, self-taught lawyer (Fedja van Huet) who just passed his exams was the last person to see the man alive. But what was his connection to the dead man? The police are mighty interested to know, and the young barrister is ready to tell the story of a lifetime. This Dutch-Belgian drama won the Oscar for Best Foreign Language Film. (Netflix)


Available on DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...