Monday, May 2, 2011

Cannes Film Festival Season!

The official poster from the Cannes Film Festival 2011
Once again, it is the time of the year. Cannes Film Festival will open next week!


This year's official selection is revealed. There are some interesting ones. I just don't get it (sorry) why they chose "Midnight in Paris" (2011) by Woody Allen as the opening film...


Pedro Almodovar's "The Skin that I Live In"
The one that I am most looking forward to see is the latest film of Pedro Almodovar, "The Skin that I Live In" (2011) - La Piel Que Habito. It is based on a novel "Mygale" - Tarantula by Thierry Jonquet and screen adaptation by Pedro Almodovar. And the surprising cast of Antonio Banderas adds the interest to the movie. I am very glad that Antonio Banderas is now back to his root. He was a very talented actor in his Spanish era. And he should stay that way. Please do not waste your time in Hollywood, it is not for you.


"The Skin that I Live In" Teaser
Synopsis: A plastic surgeon, played by Antonio Banderas, in hunt for the men who raped his daughter.


Cannes Film Festival: From May 11 - May 22, 2011


Update: "The Skin that I Live In" will be released in the US, New York and Los Angeles, in November 2011. (5.2.11)


The Official Site: http://www.sonyclassics.com/theskinilivein/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...