Thursday, September 15, 2011

"Drive" with Ryan Gosling

3.5 Potatoes


I just saw the new film "Drive" (2011) by Nicolas Winding Refn. No expectation nor knowledge about it before I went to the screening. Only one thing I knew about this film was that the director won the Best Director at the Cannes Film Festival this year.

Surprisingly, I really liked it. The movie had a touch of the 80's cheesiness and I also thought the film was somewhat influenced by Claude Lelouch's "Roman de Gare" (2007), especially the driving scenes and the music which goes along with them. But that didn't bother me really. I thought the film was well executed and Ryan Gosling is an actor that truly can act without dialogues.

Highly Recommended.


Synopsis: A Hollywood stunt performer who moonlights as a wheelman discovers that a contract has been put on him after a heist gone wrong. (IMDb)




USA: In Theater Everywhere on Friday 09/16/2011

2 comments:

  1. Only 3.5 potatoes for this? I would give it 4.5. or 4.75 (wink wink)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha I am a tough potato you know... I loved the movie but I could only give 3.5 potatoes :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...