Sunday, January 1, 2012

"A Separation"

3 Potatoes

Happy New Year everyone! Hope I can blog more often this year!


Today, I finally saw the ending of the film "A Separation" (2011)Jodaeiye Nader az Simin by Asghar Farhadi. I saw this film at the AFI Fest back in November but we had to leave early to catch another film... typical schedule conflict at the film festival...

Anyway, the story went very differently than how I expected. But I liked it, it was well done and well executed. I love his films mainly because he portrays their everyday life well: how people still struggle between the modern life and the old cultural life. The famous actress Leila Hatami, a daughter of the legendary Iranian director Ali Hatami, plays a small yet an important role. And the performance of both Sareh Bayat who plays the caretaker and Sarina Farhadi who plays the daughter are amazing.

I appreciated his last film "About Elly" (2009) - Darbareye Elly more, but both films are highly recommended!


Official Site & Trailer: http://www.sonyclassics.com/aseparation/


USA: In Theater NOW / Limited Time Release

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...