Friday, April 29, 2011

"Norwegian Wood"

"Norwegian Wood" by Tran Anh Hung, based on the novel by Haruki Murakami.

This is the first time, one of the Murakami's books became film. It was already released in Japan in Dec 2010 and it is going to be released in France in May. I can't wait to see it though we will not be able to see it in the US probably until the end of the year.

The actor who plays the main character, Ken'ichi Matsuyama, is a very talented young actor. He became known for playing the character 'L' in the movie "Death Note". I am really looking forward to see how he transformed himself into the character this time. Not to mention, the director is Vietnamese French. He directed this movie using translator and some broken English... That must have been very difficult to do.

I loved 2 of his films, "The Scent of Green Papaya" (1993) and "Vertical Ray of the Sun" (2000). I did not like "I Come with the Rain" (2008). So I am really looking forward to see if he is back to his style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...